Whether they are retrieving a ball, doing the doggie paddle, completing laps or splashing around with humans, our canine friends reap tremendous rewards from the exercise, stimulation and exhilaration of swimming play. But what EXACTLY makes swimming so incredibly GOOD for them?
1. EXERCISE WITH MINIMAL DISCOMFORT.
The buoyancy of water actually supports 90% of a dog’s weight, lessens stress on joints, encourages freer movement and provides a safe environment for exercise. This is the perfect option for dogs with arthritis and joint issues.
2. OFTEN ACCELERATES THE HEALING PROCESS.
Swimming and water exercise may slow the progression of certain degenerative conditions or speed recovery after an operation.
3. A MORE INTENSE WORKOUT THAN WALKING OR RUNNING.
This is due to the added resistant the water provides.
4. LOOSENS TIGHT MUSCLES AND INCREASES CIRCULATION.
5. PROMOTES ENDURANCE, FLEXIBILITY, RANGE OF MOTION, BALANCE, COORDINATION AND MUSCLE STRENGTH.
6. ENCOURAGES RELAXATION, CONFIDENCE, INCREASED VITALITY, JOY AND FUN!
Doesn’t that sound amazing? Who wouldn’t want ALL of that for their dog friend? We invite you to try dog swimming at Jessie’s Pool and have gathered a list of compelling reasons to do so!
WHY SWIM AT JESSIE’S POOL?
1. It is a truly unique place where your canine friend can swim in a beautiful, spa-like setting.
2. We offer PRIVATE, reserved 30 minute swim sessions with caring, gentle attendants to assist your dog in and out of the water or help shy dogs get comfortable being in the pool. This type of closely supervised swim also allows the dog more actual exercise time in the water, and greatly reduces stress to the hip joints which can occur from jumping in and out of the pool too much.
3. Many people use the supportive environment at Jessie’s Pool as a training ground to transition their dog to using their own pool at home.
4. We offer monthly “swim clinics” supervised by a holistic veterinarian, for those dogs who may be in need of a brief rehab consultation in dealing with a particular physical condition.
5. Because each swim is private, no dog is leaving Jessie’s Pool with any unwelcome viruses, as can be the case in an “open” dog swim type of facility.
6. Our healing waters are salt-based and solar-heated during winter months.
7. An impressive 40′ lap lane allows plenty of room to splash, fetch and chase!
8. A shallow ledge runs along the entire length of pool for resting, walking and easing shy dogs into the water. Our “ledge laps” accomplish what is done in traditional canine rehab tanks – without exposing our dog friends to toxic chemicals used to clean those tanks as they are breathing deeply while exercising.
9. Supplies and amenities galore! Floatation vests in a variety of sizes are here for dogs just learning to swim or those needing extra support. Pool bath cabana, lockers and outside shower are available for use, and we are well stocked with water toys and healthy biscuit treats!
10. The pool grounds are home to many trees, native plants and butterflies, which seem to weave their peaceful magic into the hearts all who visit.
Come experience this paradise for yourself and let your dog’s journey toward increased vitality and joy begin here!